Do or do no
there is no Try
Mmmmf. Not very satisfied about the face. Maybe I will do it again. Someday. Because I'm the kind of person who, when one of her projects is almost over, loses her motivation and drop her work.
(This one was almost finished one year ago. I just added the details and the sentence this week. This blog seems to have a good influence on me.)
But I'm working on my flaws ! ><
What was I watching at the time ?
No idea. Instead, I will talk about Rise of the Guardians, the DreamWorks movie. Because it is awesome.
Sandy. So badass.
I didn't see it in 2012. I simply was not in the mood. But last month, I was in a FNAC bookstore (it's a big brand in France) and there were these 5 DVDs / 20 euros sales and I took it. (With Hot Fuzz, The King's Speech, Tucker & Dale vs. Evil and Intouchables. Nice week.)
It was. So. Great.
I thought it would be a "Hey, let's take these characters children love and put them in a plotless movie but who care, children will want to see them anyway" film and I'm so sorry for ever suggesting it, DreamWorks.
It was funny, in a "oh my gosh I just understood the joke 3 minuts later !" way. Good backrounds for the characters. A bit slow from time to time, but nice fighting scenes (Sandy vs. Pitch, yeaaah !). I loved the voice of Jude Law. Hugh Jackman'as was... okay, I guess.
After, it took me maybe one hour to undestand there were books and to amazon them. ("Amazon" should be a verb. The kind of verb which mean the next day, you have books in your mailbox.) The movie is quite different. They are children books, written by William Joyce, with illustrations, and they are the kind of books you would like to see more often. Although not a child, I took pleasure reading them. A bit like re-reading The Hobbit. I'm a bit in love with Nicholas St. North now.


No comments:
Post a Comment