Sunday, 9 March 2014

Large project (2014-?) : The Hobbit - 1/16 The thunder-battle





"The lightning splinters on the peaks, and rocks shiver,
and great crashes split the air
and go rolling and tumbling into every cave and hollow;
and the darkness is filled with overwhelming noise and sudden light."


Okay so maybe not so impressive on the canvas, but not bad either.

I took so long ! (And before you ask, yes, it is Dwalin's head you can see.)

I changed the color of the lightning. The first drops (on the left) are not very pretty, but I got better. The worst was counting the stitches every five minutes.

No stone-giants in the scene =(


During this I watched :

- The three LOTR movies (I needed my fix !)

- The three seasons of BBC's Robin Hood (A.k.a. the show where Irene Adler is the sister of Thorin Oakenshield and she is not the one wearing the more eyeliner ; this drama is so bad it's actually hilarious. Love the sheriff. Love Guisborn's pecs.)

- Seasons 1, 2, 7, 8, 9 and aaaaalmost 10 of Spooks (MI5). At first for Matthew Macfadyen and Richard Armitage, yes, I confess, but finally for the character of Harry Pierce. I mean. What. Writers, how could you. The last episode shit I was spoiled and I decided not to watch it.
A really liked it. I think I learned more about geopolitic stuff watching it than watching the news these last years. (I don't really watch the news.) But it's so depressing. (Ros. Why. And Lucas. And basically everybody. Why.)

Told you it took a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment